Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Water lines begin











Once the heater was installed, the next step was to decide what type of lines to run. I decided that after all was said and done, 1/2 PEX piping crimped was the way to go, atleast for 90% of the lines. I spent the $130 for the PEX crimping tool, 2 rolls of red and blue lines, and numerous t's, l's, and some solder ends. I also decided that I would not cut another hole in the side of the trailer and create a city water inlet behind the street-side wheel well. I created the inlet from copper pipes and ran it through the floor coming into the trailer next to the hotwater heater. I used a regular household pressure regulator. I also decided to not use the hot water heater bypass that I purchased and created one with the hose and attachments I already had. I also installed a water spicket behind the curbside wheel well for exterior water usage. I also ran a copper line that will go end up near the toilet and create a hose bib for washing the toilet out after usage. Here is what it all looks like now. I am waiting to run the lines around the edges because this weekend a friend and I are going to paint the interior skins with Zolatone (Apollo Grey). Once that is completed, I will run the lines and get the trailer ready for cabinets.

No comments: