Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Random thoughts of today

So traveling the country has kind of jolted me into facing the tough times of middle america, central Ohio, Amish country. I am forced to see what others live like and can't help but think about all the travels that will take place in our Airstream. I can see how traveling in a trailer can change your way of thinking, or atleast I am imaining what it will be like. I saw a bunch of little things yesterday that dealt with wildlife. I saw my first black squirell south of Millersburg OH near the Mohikan trail, and the longest covered bridge in Ohio. I saw a dead fox, an animal I have never seen alive, much less thought to see it as roadkill. There were about 24 Dear, and 50 dead skunks. I learned that it is their mating season, so it is normal to see alot of them dead on the side of the road now....So, this is where I am with things. I am begining to think alot about the ife changing experience an Airstream mentality can bring to myself and my loving life partner Rosemary. I love her so much.....Our 3 dogs, Atheena, Katie ad Mr. Marley......Our family is full of great souls that live only what we bring into their worlds, whether that is love, travel, good food, peace, and new sights and a wonderful travel trailer. I can see down the road that Marley will associate a trip with the loading up of the airstream, for now, all he knows is that it is a project.

So I am thinking that today will be a mental inventory day.  I was thinking about how I could simply not have my airstream mirror shine polished.  I like the compounding look and feel of things, even the little bit of polish that is left on the skins is nice in my eyes.  The weather today is grey, rainy, and I am surrounded with the normal day in Ohio, atleast this is what I see in my head when I think of Ohio.  I can't forget to mention that the roads being patched with stripes of tar all over the place also are Ohio to me.  But what I am trying to say is that this place feels like a stereotypical Airstream homeland.  They were built here after all.  The grey skies cater to my dull, slightly rough looking (I think of rock'a'billy style), dented, compound polished with no belly pan 1964 Globetrotter.  On days like today I think it is a boy.  The unfinished look that it has these days remind me of a 12 year old boy that likes to play in the creek with ripped jeans and a rough crew cut, like the boy you see on the wall paper at your physicians office maybe, you know the one, on a stool holding his pants up.  On days like today I think of my Airstream as a hot-rod rockabilly style work in the making......I think I am going to keep the unfinished polish look of the trailer until she is finished.  She is kind of like the Arm and Hammer soap girl, flexing her arm, or like the girl that is the symbol for "My Favorite Mechanic is a Woman" on DeKalb Avenue in Decatur, GA.  So, e is rough like the grey skies are today in Ohio.  

I fell face first out of the trailer yesterday.  Hit my cheek flat on the concrete, messed my arm up, and bruised my ribs area.  I thought I would have been much more sore today.  I will be sore for a while, I am thinking 1 week atleast.  So today is a day running errands and planning for the lanoleum and continuance of cabinet making tomorrow or this evening.  We'll also be planning the desin of the sleeping sofa's and I will purchase a sink and my Uncle has some countertop material left over from a job that is nice.  Looks like marble and is easily replaceable after it gets worn out.  You'll see....So I have my 2nd cup of coffee and am out to finish my day.  pics tonight....

No comments: