Friday, February 20, 2009

Back Cabinet finished






So we spent the day finishing the install of the back cabinets complete with shelving and even a back panel hiding the wiring. We made a cut-out for the electrical panel to be in the divider between the way back cabinet and the 1 foot long hallway linen closet. You will see the hole. All in all, I am pleased more than I could have ever imagined. We get more and more done each day and I did not expect to get this far in 5 days. We still have 1 week to complete the doors as well as other items.

Tomorrow we plan on finishing the street side upper cabinet and the front cabinet. I am oing to put a coat of laquer on both cabinets to seal them and finish the 2 other coats and sanding when I get back home to Atlanta. Lots to do in order to get her ready to roll for Spring break....

Here is where we ended today, with the end caps adn dividers cut for the cabinet being made tomorrow.

2 comments:

Frank Yensan said...

I get the distinct impression you are truly enjoying the entire process, right down to the blog. Keep it coming, for I sure do enjoy it/

silverhobby said...

The new cabinets are looking great. What is the wood and finish that you are using. Kevin