Thursday, February 19, 2009

This past week





This past week has been a long week. One week ago I was prepping the interior for painting. Now I am in Ohio and have built cabinets for the kitchen and back streetside. This has kind of been a roller coaster ride to be honest. I have put alot of pressure on myself to finish this in time for April usage. Not only is every portion of the project different and challenging, the curves make everything more difficult. I keep telling myself that it is OK, that if it were easy, then everyone would be doing it, we would see these tings restored and all over the place. So, it all makes sense to me after I say this to myself.....It takes alot to do what I have done and I am having fun kowing that. So, tht is all I wanted to say. It has been a tough week or so....Even though this trip was labeled a vacation, it has been far from a vacation. I am really hoping to get to the finish line with this trailer so that I can take a vacation. I am really going to need it.

ALSO, I sometimes wonder who is actually reading this. Don't you wonder who is listening out there in the world all around us. I would like to one day, be able to meet some others who are likeminded and of similar nature as myself. That would be cool.

These pictures are some fun pictures including two of my lovely ladies, Rosemary and Atheena.

5 comments:

Aluminium Idler said...

Well, you have one reader & fellow restorer in deepest Devon in the UK. I'm restoring a 1953 Flying Cloud & like you have taken the body shell off the chassis to simplify replacing the floor. I'm quite a way behind you but also hope to be camping in her this summer. Work brings me across the pond occasionally but I think it'll be a while before I make a Cherry Blossom Rally with aloooominum in tow, but maybe I'll come without the FC as it would be great to meet fellow vintage aluminitus sufferers.
Good luck for April.
Chris

utee94 said...

I'm reading as well, and wishing you luck through the rest of your renovation, though I don't think you'll need it.

I had hoped to make the Cherry Blossom Rally this year myself, but a change in our family plans has altered my timeline. Now, I plan to challenge Frank to a front-half throwdown and beat him in the voting at the 2010 CBR!

Frank Yensan said...

I read.
I hope to meet you.
I will be at Cherry blossom this year in my trailer.
I will be at the International Rally in Madison this summer.
I will be passing through Ohio while caravanning to Madison.
we will be staying in Jackson Center at the factory while passing through.
I would love it if you joined us.

64TrotterAtl said...

What a week!

Unknown said...

I'm reading too from Cleveland, Ohio. I'm thinking of restoring one in the future and trying to learn as much as I can.