Thursday, February 19, 2009

Snow and Cabinets






OK, so today we really made some headway. We installed the kitchen cabinets, except for the blocks attaching it to the wall. We designed the street-side cabinets. This project is definitely a much larger project than I anticipated and I am really amazed at how much we have accomplished in 4 days, especially with this not being the only reason I am here in Ohio.

I woke today with it snowing. So in the past 3 days I have seen everything from sun to rain to snow. Here are some pictures of the majority of the kitchen cabinets installed as well as thing such as what I saw when I awoke and how our day just ended.

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Looking great! What is the material you are using for the cabinets? Are you using the Kreg tool also?

64TrotterAtl said...

I am using sassafras for the facing of the cabinets, golden oak for the end caps (3/4 inch thick), and golden oak for shelving (1/2 inch thick).

We are not using a kreg tool from what I know of. Just using router, pocket cutter guide for drill, table saw, miter saw, and sanding tools. Oh and a very skilled woodsman, my Uncle. He is a very skilled craftsman, I am his helper. Learning alot.