Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Trip 1

So I arrived and the first thing I saw was beer girls dancing on top of the picnic tables wearing these panties that said "Beer Girl" on their ass. There was about 500 motorcyclist, lots of leather, and 200 motorcycles, a redneck rock n roll band, beer smell, and it was Sunday. These were the first things I saw at the place that we would be calling home for the next few weeks. So.....if you are a biker, you should check this place out. It was definitely not like what I suspect an Airstream rally is like. I definitely stuck out like a sore thumb, even though I am somewhat young and hip if you want to say. I am simply not a biker and never have been the biker type, BUT I can hang and get along with just about anyone. So, this was the first stop I made as I got off of the highway and ready to park the trailer. I am not sure what they thought of me....So we parked our new house and began to set her up for the first time. It was special having our first meal together. I failed to previously mention that I built a table that folds down against the wall. It turned out really well. So we had dinner and a movie the first night in the Airstream together, Rosemary and I. Other first experiences were of course the first hot shower and the first bathroom usage, etc......Needless to say, we are absolutely loving this lifestyle and are embracing it fully. I do not have pictures yet, but will. I kind of dropped the ball over the past month or so with posting in detail, but if anyone has questions, feel free to contact me.

2 comments:

utee94 said...

Wow. I really do not know what to say.

For the past month I have actually wondered if you had encountered some other issues that were keeping you away from your trailer restoration, but it turns out you were simply busy FINISHING it!

I can't tell you how impressed I am. It looks fantastic, and I'm really happy for you that you got all of your "needs" list done before taking off. I have no doubt your "wants" list will get knocked out in no time, either.

Please, oh Master, teach me in your Airstream ways! :)

Please keep us posted on your progress and your travels, it's good seeing you back on the 'net.

And, once again, a huge congratulations!

Best,
-Marcus

64TrotterAtl said...

I am dazed and still a little confused. I am enjoying working on square things, like my house....those curves will get to you after a while. Thanks for the compliments, I am looking forward to meeting you this year sometime. I think we are going to be passing through Austin near the end of the year.