Monday, April 6, 2009

Florida Blackwater




So, it is kind of weird to not have the Airstream in the driveway. I am doing things to my house that I have nelected for years, simple things, like anchoring the drip lines to the side of the house from my HVAC in the attic. They had been dangling along the back side of the house for the past 2 years. My yard has never looked this good. I started to organize the basement, really organize. Purging is a good thing. I seem to be doing it every season, so 4 times a year. I am getting to a point where all that I want to own or hold onto, can be packed and stored in one basement room. So.........the Airstream project, makes ordinary things seem easier. If you can restore an airstream, shell-off floor replacement, custom cabinets, full re-wire, new everything...then you can basically do anything. And you can't disagree unless you have done it yourself.

So I am sitting here in Atlanta, Rosemary is in the panhandle, and supposedly, the business is picking up in the henna tattoo world. Spring Break is happening and things are picking up. This past week has been interesting since the river that we parked on went over the banks and came within 4 feet of the trailer. The store flooded and the beer was stored in the 5th wheel monster apartment next door to us. I figured if they were storing the beer in the trailer next to us, then we would be safe. But I still kind of got nervous since I was in Atlanta and Rosemary was in the trailer 6 hours away. It being our 1st trip and all.....So life is good at our spot. I am hesitant to mention the name of the place, atleast until we leave. It is not the type of place I would want to ever go back to unless I bean to drink alot of beer and began to love motorcycles and southern rock and roll, every day. It reminds me of a song by JJ Grey and Mofro "Black water" and "DirtFloorCracker" or any of their music live, rowdy and swampy.....I guess.

So, I am going to retreive the trailer this weekend and move it to another park that will cost us only $325 per month. Free Wifi, laundry, near beach (10 minutes), etc. We are going to check it out for when Rose goes back t work for the whole Summer. I am thinking about checking out Providence Canyon also. I have heard some good things about the sandy bottom and its feeling when you are barefoot. Here are pics of the river rising etc.

1 comment:

jenniferro10 said...

Providence is nice. One of my favorite places (I used to live near there).