Saturday, September 27, 2008

The shining







I decided to not install the new axle yet. I simply was not ready to take on that challenge. I decided instead that since the weather is cooler, I could use this time to polish her up real nice using the compounding polish. I also began to shine the door. I have not yet begun to clean up the windows, that is the next part of this renovation. I need to figure out how to seal all the seams from the inside.

Some randomly wonderful tings have happened to me lately. Yesterday, the original owners of my lovely young lady, emailed me. They were pleased to see the effort I was putting into the restoration. I was thrilled t know the parents of this poor little orphan child....Then, today while I was polishing, some neighbors from less than a mile away stopped by to see the project. They have a smaller Caravel from the 50's or something. They were really cool and I intend on haning out with them. He reminded me so much of my uncle tom.

Tonight we are going to see Donna Hopkins at a nice little pizza joint, Shorty's, in Tucker, GA. Check it out. These are ictures of what was accomplished today. I could not quite et the wholte top, but will complete the polishing job tomorrow.

2 comments:

Frank Yensan said...

I like everything I am seeing except the tool featured in the last photo. Don't worry, I will not hold it against you....

utee94 said...

Nice job, that is one fine-looking shell!

And no worries, not everybody despises HF tools with the fiery passion that Frank does... :)

-Marcus